The closure of the library in the summer 2019 might affect the specific services. More info »
You can borrow documents from our holding to take home with you or to take to the study or research room. The possibilities of loan are dependent on the age and value of the document and your type of membership.
No fee is charged for loan services. You can find information on their provision in the Library Regulations.
- a loan service designed exclusively for our registered users whose type of membership entitles them to use this service
- see off-site loans from depositories and the freely accessible library holding
- you can borrow as many as 30 documents at a time as home loans
- we do not lend documents from the historical book holding, books published up to and including 1950, journals or original CD/DVDs as home loans
- the loan period is generally 30 days
- we will automatically extend this period 2 workdays before the end of the loan period; a loaned document may not, however, be reserved and you must continue to have valid membership
- we will perform the automatic extension of the loan period three times in a row; you can therefore borrow a document as a home loan for as long as 114 days
- detail information about home loans in the Library regulations:
- a loan service designed for our registered users and visitors
- see on-site loans from depositories and the freely accessible library holding
- the number of loaned documents is unlimited
- documents are kept at the Loans Services Department, where you can collect them, for the duration of the loan period
- the storage period is generally 8 workdays
- the storage period may be extended as many as five times; the total period is therefore as long as 48 days
- detail information about study loans in the Library regulations:
- a loan service designed exclusively for our registered users with a recorded research card
- see loans from the historical book holding
- you may order a maximum of 3 documents as research room loans
- the loan of a document from the historical book holding must be approved by library staff
- documents must be returned by 4.00 p.m. on the day of loan
- detail information about research room loans in the Library regulations:
You will be able to borrow documents from the Jenštejn depository at 3.00 p.m. on the following day on which the library is open at the latest; if you manage to place your order by 11 a.m. on a library opening day, you will be able to pick them up from 3.00 p.m. onwards on the same day. Collect documents within 8 workdays of their delivery; after this time we will return them to the depository and you will be charged a fee for the failure to collect a requested document.
We will prepare documents stored at the Národní depository for you within half an hour. Collect documents within 8 workdays of their delivery; after this time we will return them to the depository and you will be charged a fee for the failure to collect a requested document.
Documents freely accessible in the study are loaned on a first come, first served basis. Most of the study holding is designed for on-site loan, though selected documents marked with a white label attached to the spine of the book with a shelf mark printed in black are also available for home loan.
During regular operations we prepare these documents for loan at the time you propose, though at the earliest on the first day on which the library is open following the placement of your order. These documents are loaned exclusively as research room loans during its opening hours: Monday–Friday, 9.00 a.m.–4.00 p.m.