Remote access to electronic sources of information is permitted only to registered user of the Library of the Czech Academy of Sciences who hold a valid reader’s pass. Registration for remote access to electronic sources of information may be performed without visiting the Library of the CAS in person. (Possible ways of registration)
The use of these sources is subject to the conditions defined in the pertinent licence agreements.
- The same user name and password as for the library system are used for logging on.
- The content of electronic sources of information is designed only for teaching, studying and academic purposes and for the personal needs of users. In no case can it be used for commercial purposes.
- The downloading or copying of entire editions or titles of electronic journals or other large parts of electronic sources of information is not permitted.
- The use of this information is subject to the usual practice for the creation of academic work, i.e. every work used should be appropriately cited (see, for example, http://www.citace.com).
- User names and passwords are non-transferrable.
You can find further information in the Library Regulations.
If possible, please use Shibboleth access. (What is Shibboleth and EZproxy access?) The identity provider for the Library of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a member of the Czech Academy Identity Federation eduID.cz.
- Select the required online source in the table given above by clicking on the link in the second or third column to the right. If both types of access are available, i.e. Shibboleth and EZproxy, please use Shibboleth.
- After clicking on the given link, you will first be directed to the identity provider, who will check your identity by asking for your user name and password. You will receive these authentication details when you register your reader’s account (this service is currently designed for registered library readers only).
- If the authentication process is successful, you will automatically be directed to the desired online source and may begin working with it.
- After finishing work with an online source, we strongly recommend you erase your browser history and cookies and close all browser windows. This is particularly important if you are accessing an online source from a public space (computer rooms at libraries and schools, Internet cafés, etc.)!
- The cookie limit may be exceeded after a long period of inactivity. You will then be automatically redirected to the identity provider when you access the online source again where you will have to provide your authentication details again.
- When accessing an online source using EZproxy you may encounter a problem if the given online source provides a link to protected content in the form of, for example, a Flash plug-in or another form that EZproxy is not capable of capturing and rewriting. For this reason, we recommend the preferential use of Shibboleth for sources that support it.
- If you have a problem with authentication, first try erasing the cookies on your browser. For more information see the guide to the browser you are using.