- Type of source: encyclopaedia
- Documents: encyclopaedic entries / maps / papers / other
- Format: text / PDF / other
- Specialisation: multidisciplinary
- Period covered: 1768–present day
- Publication language: English
- Interface language: English
- Downloads available: yes (in part)
- Off-line loans available: no
- Video guide (English only)
- Help (English only)
Encyclopaedia Britannica is a renowned source of dependable information with a tradition stretching back to 1768.
It provides up-to-date and reliable information in all areas of human knowledge. More than 110 Nobel Prize winners and many other experts contribute to the encyclopaedia. In addition to encyclopaedic entries and biographical records, it also contains an atlas of the world, statistical data on individual countries, the Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate dictionary and e-books, videos and other primary sources. Thanks to co-operation with the company EBSCO, it also provides access to the full texts of more than seven hundred periodicals.