ProQuest Ebook Central
- Type of source: full-text database
- Documents: books
- Format: PDF
- Specialisation: multidisciplinary
- Period covered: 1762–present day
- Publication language: multilingual
- Interface language: English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Turkish, Swedish, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese
- Downloads available: yes (limited)
- Off-line loans available: yes (1-21 days)
- Video guides (English only)
Guides (English only)
FAQ (English only)
Ebook Central is the multidisciplinary digital library of the company ProQuest. The ASL licence makes available titles from the Academic Complete collection, containing books in all areas of science divided into fifteen groups:
- computers and IT,
- engineering and technology,
- languages and literature,
- natural sciences,
- physical sciences,
- social sciences.
Selected titles from the publishing house Karolinum (Charles University) have also been available through Ebook Central since last year.
In addition to on-line reading, Ebook Central also allows off-line loans of whole books on the users own device (for a period of 1-21 days) and the printing, copying and downloading of selected sections. The number of pages available for downloading, copying and printing depends on the policy of the individual publisher and may, for this reason, differ for each book.