Closure of the library from Monday, March 16, until further notice
Due to the declaration of the state of emergency by the Czech Government, the library will be closed from Monday, March 16, until further notice.
Only remote access to electronic information resources remains available for users. It will be possible to make new online registrations to membership for remote access (or to extend an expired membership).
Charges for the late return of off-site loans incurred from Friday, March 13, will be waived.
Opening hours of the library
- The library is open to the public from 9.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Loaned documents can be returned into the book return box (Monday–Friday, 6 a.m. to 20 p.m.), which is placed in the lobby in front of the entry of the library.
Opening hours of the copying and bookbinding centre
- The opening hours of the copying and bookbinding centre in the basement of the building are from 7.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Mailroom, letters and papers acceptance and provision of information
- The mail room in the building of the Czech Academy of Sciences (Národní 3, Prague 1), where consignments and documents can be left for the library, is open from 8.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. and from 1.30 to 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Opening hours of library mailroom and conditions of acceptance the
documents (only in Czech)
- Provision of information under the Act No. 106/1999 Coll. on Free Access
to Information (only in Czech)