Inter-library services and providing of documents
Inter-library services for ASL clients
- Ordering a document / copy from a Czech library – outside of Prague (inter-library service ILS or MS in Czech)
- Ordering a document / copy from abroad (international inter-library service IILS or MMS in Czech)
1. National inter-library services (NILS or MVS in Czech)
The inter-library services (ILS or MS in Czech) of ASL provides loans from all scientific fields from all Czech libraries outside of Prague provided that the document is not in the ASL collection or in any other Prague library.
2. Reprographic services
The inter-library services (ILS or MS in Czech) of ASL provides loans from all scientific fields from all Czech libraries provided that the document is not in the ASL collection. Reprographic services must be paid for.
To obtain loans or copies you can make the request:
- by filling in and sending an ILS order form from WWW ASL
- The customer covers the expenses incurred with the lending or copying of materials as is stipulated by the library that is providing the materials, as well as the postage fees for the return of the documents.
If users of ASL wish to make use of online orders and deliveries of copies of articles from the ASL collection electronically in PDF format, they must register themselves into the VPK (virtual polytechnical library) system at http://www.vpk.cz/
Tel. 221 403 259
3. International Inter-library Services (IILS or MMS in Czech)
Through IILS it is possible to request only those documents that are not in the collections of the libraries in the Czech Republic. The services of IILS are provided for a fee (see the Library Regulations Price List for Services and Fees).
To borrow or copy items you must do the following:
- fill in and send an IILS order form from WWW ASL
- a registered client of the VPK system at http://www.vpk.cz/IILS ASL - International Inter-Library Services through this system -
221 403 364/212
All inter-library services are provided only to registered clients of ASL – physical persons with valid library cards (see ASL Regulations, article II.)
Clients will be informed about the processing of their orders by e-mail or telephone.
Items are lent out only on an on-site basic. Copies must be picked up by clients in person. All payments must be made in cash. For users of the VPK system, payments are debited directly from their accounts
Interlibrary services for foreign libraries
Knihovna AV ČR, v.v.i.
Odd. meziknihovních služeb
115 22 Praha 1
Library code: ABA007
Tel.: +420 221 403 259
Tel.: +420 221 403 212
The library of the Academy of Sciences is one of the largest research institutions in the Czech Republic. It collects Czech and foreign language literature and other information sources in all areas of scholarly and scientific endeavour. The library has about one million volumes including about 24 000 rare books. It provides loans and copies of material from its own collections and from the libraries of individual institutes of the Academy.
- usually 1 month + 5 days for postal service
- extension is possible only exceptionally and depends on the lending library status
Charge for 1 loan:
- Slovakia ............. 1 IFLA Voucher/ 8 EUR
- Europe ...........….1 IFLA Voucher/ 10 EUR
- Overseas........…. 2 IFLA Voucher/ 16 EUR
is charged according to the price list of the Czech Post and converted to IFLA Vouchers or CRI
Charge for photocopies:
|Slovakia||one sided copy||CZK 2,00|
|Slovakia||double sided copy||CZK 3,00|
|Europe||1-10 pages||1 IFLA Voucher / 8 EUR|
|overseas||1-10 pages||2 IFLA Voucher /16 EUR|
Charge for photocopies (+ every additional 10 pp.):
- Europe ............... 0,5 IFLA Voucher/4 EUR
- Overseas............. 0,5 IFLA Voucher/4 EUR
is charged according to the price list of the Czech Post and converted to IFLA Vouchers or EUR
How to order:
- IFLA Request Form
- through VPK - only for libraries that have VPK account, Declaration for Corporate Users who wish to open VPK account
- IFLA Vouchers
- by mail
- display at the user's VPK account