About the library
Library of the ASCR, v. v. i., is a public research institution established for carry out scientific research in the fields of scientific information and library science, to provide an information infrastructure for research, as well as librarian, information and reprographic services to Institutes of the ASCR and other science and research users. The Institution was established in 1. 1. 1953. It has been transformated for several times and it has worked in new legal status according to low n. 341/2005 Sb. since 1. 1. 2007. The founder of the Library is the ASCR, an organisational body of the state, identification number 60165171, headquartered in Prague 1, Národní 1009/P3, Postal Code 117 20.
(excerpt from the Foundation Deed)
Main activities of the Academy of Sciences Library Czech Republic
- research in the area of scientific information and library science;
- providing services of a specialized library pursuant to Act no. 257/2001 Coll. on Libraries and Operating Conditions of Public Library and Information Services (Library Act);
- adding to collections of technical libraries of individual work stations of the AS CR;
- administering the Reserve Library Collection of the AS CR;
- developing international cooperation (EBLIDA, EUNIS) including international exchange of publications;
- holding technical meetings, conferences and seminars;
- cooperating with universities and other scientific and technical institutions.